- Empirical Corporate Finance
- Intersection of Finance and Accounting
- Corporate Diversification
- Internal Capital Markets and Capital Allocation
- Corporate Diversification and Capital Structure (with Daniel Hoang), 2019. KIT Working Paper
Winner of the Larry Lang Best Paper Award in Corporate Finance 2019
2021 Meeting of the French Finance Association (Nantes), 2020 Meeting of the Financial Management Association (New York), 2020 17th Corporate Finance Day (Liège), 2019 Meeting of the German Economic Association of Business Administration (Rostock), 2019 Meeting of the European Financial Management Association (Ponta Delgada), 2018 3rd SDU Finance Workshop (Odense), 2017 University of Mainz, 2017, University of Würzburg
- Picking Winners: Managerial Ability and Capital Allocation in Internal Capital Markets (with Daniel Hoang, Peter Demerjian, Martin Ruckes), 2021. KIT Working Paper
- 2016 - 2022: Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), PhD in Finance
- 2014 - 2016: Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), M.Sc. in Economic Engineering
- 2009 - 2012: University of Mannheim, B.Sc. in Economics
- 2016 - today: Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Research Fellow
- 2015 - 2016: Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Research Assistant
- 2012 - 2013: Sparkasse Karlsruhe, Risk Management (Full-Time), Credit Portfolio Modelling
University Service / Functions
- Faculty Council Member (Fakultätsrat): Representative of the Scientific Staff (Akademischer Mittelbau) of the Department of Economics and Management
- Library Committee Member (Bibliotheksausschuss) of the Department of Economics and Management
- Financial Intermediation (Discussion Session) – since 2018
- Supervisor of Bachelor’s and Master’s Seminar Papers – since 2017
- Supervisor of Bachelor’s and Master’s Theses – since 2017
Bachelor and Master Theses
- Available Topics: Our chair offers many exciting thesis topics for your Bachelor's or Master's degree. You can find a list of currently available topics here.
- Get in Touch: If your interest is in working on a topic offered by me, please do not hesitate to contact me well in advance. My interest is that you make the most of your thesis.
- Industry Cooperations and Own Topics: If you plan to cooperate with industry partners or have an own topic in mind, I am happy to supervise if the topic relates to my research areas.
- Application Procedure: The application procedure is described here.