Martin Ruckes is Professor for Finance and Banking at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) since February 2007.
From 2013 and 2016, Martin Ruckes held also the position of the dean of studies responsible for the fields of study on "Industrial Engeneering and Management" and "Economics Engineering".
Martin Ruckes earned his PhD in Economics and his Diplom in Business Economics from the University of Mannheim. After his PhD, Martin spent seven year as an assistant professor at the University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Business (USA).
He is an internationally recognized researcher in the field of Corporate Finance amd Financial Intermediation. His research has been published in many high reputable international journals like the Journal of Finance, Review of Financial Studies, Journal of Business, Review of Finance, Journal of Financial Intermediation and the Journal of Banking and Finance.
Since 2011, he is also member of the Scientific Advisory Board at Aalto University School of Business.
Corporate Finance and Financial Contracting, Corporate Investment and Capital Budgeting, Corporate Governance, Corporate Restructuring, Corporate Control, Financial Services, Economics of Organizations
- Corporate Financial Policy (Summer)
- Financial intermediation (Winter)
- Seminar in Finance (Master) (Winter)
- Valuation (Winter)
- Business Economics: Finance and Accounting (Winter)
- Financial Management (Summer)
- Seminar in Finance (Bachelor) (Summer)
Publications (in referreed journals)
- Corporate Risk Management, Product Market Competition, and Disclosure (mit Daniel Hoang), 2016, Journal of Financial Intermediation 30, 107-121.
- Today's or yesterday's news - Eine empirische Analyse von Stimmrechtsmitteilungen gemäß §§ 21 ff. WpHG und Schlussfolgerungen für die Kapitalmarktregulierung, 2015, (mit Markus Doumet, Peter Limbach, und Rüdiger Veil), Zeitschrift für Unternehmens- und Gesellschaftsrecht (ZGR) 44, S. 709-753.
- Dynamic Incentives in Organizations: Success and Inertia (mit Thomas Roende), 2015, The Manchester School 83(4), S. 635-671.
- Informed Headquarters and Socialistic Internal Capital Markets (mit Daniel Hoang), 2015, Review of Finance 19, S. 1105-1141.
- Intertemporal Capital Budgeting (mit Andrew H. Roper), 2012, Journal of Banking and Finance 36, S. 2543-2551.
- A dynamic analysis of growth via acquisition (mit Worawat Margsiri und Antonio S. Mello), 2008, Review of Finance 12, S. 635-671.
- Team composition (mit Antonio S. Mello), Journal of Business 79, 2006, 1019-1039. (Lead article)
- Arbitraging arbitrageurs (mit Mukarram Attari und Antonio S. Mello), Journal of Finance 60, 2005, S. 2471-2511.
- Bank competition and credit standards, Review of Financial Studies 17, 2004, 1073-1102.
- The number and the closeness of bank relationships (mit Joachim von Rheinbaben), 2004, Journal of Banking and Finance 28, S. 1597-1615.
- Collateral in Corporate Financing (mit Antonio S. Mello)
- Time to Wind Down: Closing Decisions and High Water Marks in Hedge Fund Management Contracts (mit Margarita Sevostiyanova)
- Financial hedging and product market rivalry (mit Antonio S. Mello) (Vorheriger Titel "Hedging and product market decisions.")
If one of the hyperlinks is not working properly or you are interested in the most recent version of a working paper, please do not hesitate to contact me via e-mail.